Sunday 1 November 2009

A Typical Day by nikki

Name: nikki
Story Title : A Typical Day
Story URL: http://winglin.net/fanfic/typicalday/
Reviewer: DarkAngel

Title: 3/5

-The story went along with the story for now, since the story is so short that I can’t really judge it. But when I first looked at it, I thought it was going to be another story that was regular and nothing really unique or special.


Poster/Background: 7/10

-First of all, I think that the background is too boring. Even though it fits with the poster, I don’t think that it fits with the story. Second, so far (story is really, really short) I think that the poster doesn’t even fit the story. Third, it looks like there’s too many things mashed up. The colors are beautiful, but I think that there’s too much in it. Four, I don’t think that the story will turn out like the poster.


Forewords: 0/5

-I’m sorry, but the foreword told us NOTHING. It didn’t say anything about the plot, the characters, or even what it was about. The only thing that it told us was that the author would be revealed later on, but that’s not very interesting to me.


Plot: 6/15

-Well, there’s only 1 chapter so far, and there’s supposed to be at least 4 to be reviewed, so I’m going to have to give you a low grade for this. The only thing that I liked about the story was that it was very detailed. That is probably the only thing that was good. I’m sorry, but I can’t give you that much points. Also, ‘Typical Day’ isn’t really interesting to me, so I predict that it will just be a normal day. Although, the first chapter was kind of eye-catching. Maybe something will change once the story progresses on.


Flow: 8/10

-I can’t tell much from the story, but so far, the flow is pretty good. But for what I know, it could change later on.


Spelling/Grammar/Vocabulary: 15/15

-This is the category that you major in. You use huge words that I don’t understand (some of them), which is a very good thing. It teaches the reader some interesting words. Also, I haven’t spotted a spelling error or a grammar mistake, so this is great!


Characterization: 8/10

-I’m sorry, but I don’t really know the character that much to judge her, but it seems like she’s the person that looks like she usually forgets stuff and has a clumsy personality.


Originality: 6/10

-Like I said, I’m going to have to judge only the first chapter and the title for this one. I don’t really know what to write, so I can’t reduce that much points but neither give you a high mark.


Writing style: 8/10

-The problem that I have with your story is that I think there should be more paragraphs because one; they are easier to read. Two, it looks more professional. If there are huge paragraphs, I don’t think that it will be that great. And third, it’s better and it puts less strain on the eye because since there is a bunch of sentence, the human eye has to catch up. Sorry if it doesn’t sound correct, but that’s just my opinion.


Overall enjoyment: 8/10

-I think that the story was pretty okay. The only thing that made this so difficult was that the story was so short ! Please, next time- write one that’s longer.


Overall score: 69/100

Well, I think it’s a 69. I hope this doesn’t offend you in any way. I am just doing my job as a reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment